What alcoholic drink are you drinking right now?

in my quest for unusual German wine a bottle of 2008 Sekt Fantasie der Schieferterrassen Heymann-Löwenstein, Motel

nice and dry, crisp, with peachy fruit…

1 Like

My christmas beer is this

Now onto a couple of these…

http://www.thewineswarehouse.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/a/langmeil_valley_floor_shiraz_2012.png

This atm

3 Likes

Trying a few gin’s. Are they rated?

1 Like

And the wine is getting a breath or two.

2 Likes
2 Likes

A bit young but they do produce a decent beverage :thumbsup:

A textbook example of a ‘King of the Rhône’ that won’t cost you a king’s ransom

Bringing together 13 cooperative cellars, Cellier des Dauphin has enviable access to some of the finest vineyard plots across the entire Rhône. It allows them to create many excellent reds, but this Châteauneuf-du-Pape is surely the jewel in their crown… and it’s a steal at today’s price.

In fact, we think you’ll struggle to find a Châteauneuf to match it for both quality and value.

It’s a blend of the classic Rhône triumvirate of Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre, which are selected from Châteauneuf’s famed galet-strewn vineyards. These galets, also known as pudding stones due to their round shape, store heat during the day and release it back to the vines during the night to create grapes of astonishing opulence, ripeness and power.

This Châteauneuf delivers everything you would expect and more on the flavour-front with deep plump, ripe black fruit layers, warm spice aplenty, cassis intensity and wild herb aromas.

It demands a place in every Rhône lover’s cellar and is a fine partner to roast leg of lamb studded with garlic

Yes, it does taste a bit young. It’s on offer in Waitrose ATM was thinking of getting a little and sticking it away :+1:

1 Like

bathtub and millers are great, both good for a G&T. Millers makes a brilliant dry martini and bathtub is good for a Negroni or a Martinez. Opihr is ok, best thing I have had with it is a gin based Indian take on a bloody Mary (flavoured with lime pickle, cumin, chilli and celery salt) . Again Masons is ok, it didn’t leave enough of an impression for usnto add a bottle to the collection.

Mind you, a great and varied collection which will make a great range of drinks…

1 Like

going to open this for later

3 Likes

now…

a very dry martini made with Beefeater Crown Jewel gin (from the original 1993-2009 run and not the 2016 re-release)

this gin when it was released in 1993 obtained cult like status from mixologists. It is made using the same 9 botanicals as normal beefater gin but with added grapefruit, and it is bottled at 50%. After it was discontinued in 2009 is reached even more mythological like status. I recall on bar in London, that was charging £60 a shot in about 2012, which despite hearing of it was the first time i’d actually seen it…(and yes I did indulge). In 2013, I came across a bottle in Spain, which was expensive but nowhere near the prices being charged in the Uk. I am told these days bottles from the original release can change hands for £300. …so its a treat… for a special occasion.

Despite saying it would never mace again Beefeater have released it 2016 apparently made to the same recipe…

Before dinner and while cooking it
These

Cheap red with dinner

A couple of these post diner

Now poncey g&t for the misses

Proper g&t for me

1 Like

With Christmas dinner:

And with Christmas pudding:

Moved onto the Malts. Bloody things moved while I was setting up the pic.

My liver is starting to grumble.

1 Like

I’m having a fucking stiff glass of rum for George Michael.

Had this with the xmas diiner.

And this went well with the xmas pudding.