The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Number 10 on the list :thinking:

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/warrington/catalogue-id-warrin10199/lot-270e347c-8ddd-42c2-af77-a7bc010f3d23

I ask you, who the fuck needs eighty DVDs of steam trains? There are some very sick puppies out there.

1 Like

Whereas putting a magic rock on your amplifier is perfectly normal…

6 Likes

I think you’ll find that interest in steam trains probably outweighs the interest in hifi by over 10-1, so who’s the weirdo now? :thinking:

Old boilers can be quite popular. Just ask Helen Mirren.

Train spotting nerd alert :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Chuff off! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::steam_locomotive:

More people like steam engines than hifi.

Fact.

Choo choo, motherfuckers.

3 Likes

Hmmm. Living here, maybe I should diversify ?

VB

Not just steam engines…

Yes but they are nerds.

1 Like

Yes, hifi is a very nerdy hobby. It is dressed up as being all about the music, but it isnt really.

2 Likes

Plenty of Tube Driver’s View videos out there and on YouTube. Mostly of them sitting around swimming pools or discussing the next strike (or both).

I have a good mate who’s a driver on the Piccadilly Line.

On the odd occasion he sees me waiting on the platform, he calls me to join him in the cab. (yes, he knows he shouldn’t). It’s quite hypnotic watching the tunnel ahead but the most interesting thing is the disused stations.

4 Likes
2 Likes

There’s also a load of disused stuff. My place has a complete station that is used only for storage and a few “systems” rooms.
Last estimate was that the Tube had 70+ miles of disused subterranean property.

Achieved a personal best today…Managed 663 miles from a tank (53.12L) of diesel. Which is a calculated 56.8mpg, not bad for a big automatic with a relatively powerful motor.

/borring post.

2 Likes

They should tart some of it up and do museum type tours.