Chainsaw Massacre

Usually some poor bugger from the fire service or mountain rescue who’s been trained in rope access…

We did extensive rescue training. Never required water fairies, just ambo

Good SOP/prep

Ditto my mother. Hazel across the road was a battlefield nurse in the Korean war and stopped her from bleeding out.

Saved her life basically, not that my mother would ever have acknowledged it of course :laughing:

3 Likes

Tbh, if you need to ask you shouldn’t use a chainsaw. You need safety shoes, trousers, gloves, helmet and lessons.

They take no prisoners.

The safety kick only works when you are cutting down, if you’re cutting up it kicks straight back into your legs.

You’re a builder mate, would you let an amateur put your scaffold up?

When you do sharpen, buy some chalk, it will soon become obvious why.

1 Like

Afaik it is integral to any arborist course. The twats with a saw and pickup don’t do so well.

:+1:

I’m not going to be climbing any trees, just pruning an apple tree. I may have to stand on a hop up, ie 18" off the ground.

chainsaw-opener

Cheers :beers:

2 Likes

Don’t use the saw above shoulder height and it’s best to have feet firmly on ground

2 Likes

What do you need a chainsaw for then?

Decent pruning saw will make like work of that.

2 Likes

I’m also a qualified Arborist, rope, harness, climbing, aerial rescue the lot, 12 years of it working for the local authority. I’m far too old for that shit now, young man’s game :rofl: so I just do little bits for friends and family now and again.

Chainsaws are bloody dangerous tools, if your not confident and are not properly trained, pay for someone who is, there are a lot of injuries out there you never hear about.

I worked with a guy who hung a pole saw on a branch above himself while he moved position in the tree , he realised he moved it when he turned to climb and the saw dropped down, he pulled his arms and hands into his chest , the pole saw dropped and went across the back of his hand slicing the back of his hand wide open, one side of his skin was bunched up to his knuckles and the other side of his skin was at his wrist. We told him to a abseil down , we gave him first aid as we took him to hospital , he buggered his tendons up , he didn’t chainsaw again after it fully healed as his hand had poor grip due to the damaged tendons.

I agree, here’s one.

I like these and they fit nice in yer pocket when climbing. I have used one for years. They cut branches like a hot knife through butter

JB , buy a decent pole saw and keep ya feet on the floor. :+1:

All advice much appreciated.

1 Like

Have you considered using a flamethrower instead?

2 Likes

This is the way.

1 Like

This chick will do it for ya :rofl:

Circular saw blade, spun up to 12000 rpm should do it. Nah, 30000 fer shits 'n giggles :grin::skull::poop:

Wtf do you need a chainsaw* for?

I have one of these (similar anyway) and it will go through a 3" green branch in a few seconds with barely any effort.

*yes I have a chainsaw too but I only use very occasionally to cut logs, which are well secured.

1 Like

This is me… but with anything more risky than a screwdriver.