[Archive] What are you listening to?

2 Likes
1 Like

I have everything on Polytechnic Youth (including the beer, the poster thing and the VHS tape :crazy_face:) and Deep Distance and nearly everything on Great Pop Supplement. I looked up the prices of some of the early records this morning. :scream: I might need to cancel my plans to collect the entire back catalogue of Domā€™s earlier Earworm label now.

I havenā€™t listened to the Detox Twins records since I bought them. I must get around to playing some 45ā€™s soon.

CDR2F.

Yeah, great, thanks for that, CUNT ! Oh yeah, :slight_smile:

He lives in Liverpool, somebody soon will pay him a visit when heā€™s out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

CDR2F.

Iā€™ll be out tomorrow. Iā€™m taking a van around to @Jimā€™s joint to clear a bit of space for him while he is away. He has a load of wonky old ā€˜legacy electronicsā€™ that are likely to be in his way. Iā€™m doing him a favourā€¦

2 Likes

Away? Who mentioned I was away? :wink:

CDR2F.

Scintillating solo performance by Hiromi, on acoustic piano for this outing. Her weapon of choice a Yamaha concert Grand piano. Quite a busy album, her virtuosity & playfulness is well evident.

1 Like

CDR2F.

1 Like

CDR2F.

CDR2F.

2 Likes

Very good indeed! Review from the All music guide below.

http://www.allmusic.com/album/from-the-green-hill-mw0000064370

Fine musicianship throughout from this chamber jazz ensemble. Michelle Makarski on violin is pretty wonderful throughout & the recording quality is very fine as you would expect from the ECM label. Not as dark & introspective as some of Stankoā€™s works can be, but nonetheless haunting & beguiling music at turns, that laps at you with its thoughtful lush soundscapes & flourishes of Eastern European folk influences. Some very fine blowing from Stanko, as one would expect!

CDR2F.

Sorry, I wrote that quickly this morning. I didnā€™t intend it to be quite so cuntish. The fact that it was very cuntish is just a bonus though. The records are very nice btw.

1 Like

CDR2F.

1 Like

LP

This new generation of 80ā€™s Synth inspired EDM / kosmische inspired EDM is quickly becoming my go to genre.

Another bloody collection to build up.

2 Likes